Data and Knowledge
July 4–9, 2022 · Bordeaux, France
The joint EDBT-INTENDED School on Data and Knowledge will be hosted in Bordeaux, France, from Monday July 4 to Saturday July 9, 2022. It will cover a diverse range of topics around data and the use of knowledge (constraints, ontologies) in data management, with a special focus on inconsistent, incomplete and more generally "imperfect" data.
It will have 11 tutorials from internationally renowned researchers in the field, and several social activities. Each tutorial is 3 hour long.
The school is divided into two (overlapping) tracks:
- Track 1: Monday morning to Friday morning (tutorials 1–8). This track focuses on foundational database theory, with courses for a general audience on central topics in the foundations of data management.
- Track 2: Wednesday morning to Saturday evening (tutorials 5–11). Track 2 specifically focuses on handling imperfect data, and includes some more practical lectures.
Participants are encouraged to attend the whole school, but they may also attend just one of the two tracks.
- Deadline for applications: April 3, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2022
- Deadline for registration: May 31, 2022
- Summer school: July 4–9, 2022